Prescott Valley: Motorhome catches fire, dog inside survives

  • Source: The Daily Courier
  • Published: 09/30/2016 12:00 AM

A large motorhome caught fire Thursday, Sept. 29, but firefighters were able to save the owner’s possessions and a family dog inside was rescued. Central Arizona fire Division Chief Rick Chase said the 40-foot RV was parked at the Villages at Lynx Creek off Highway 69, and the owner was golfing when he saw smoke coming from his motorhome. A Villages employee saved the family dog and called 911, Chase said. Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the passenger side and roof of the RV, “Crews got a quick knockdown on the fire and kept it from spreading throughout the interior of the motor home,” he said. “Most of the interior contents were saved although the damage to the RV will most likely be unrepairable.” No injuries were reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe