Smoke alarm triggers evacuation at Best Western in Douglas

  • Source: Douglas Daily Dispatch
  • Published: 11/21/2019 11:45 PM

Guests staying at the Best Western Inn and Suites on Seventh Street were forced out of their rooms Thursday night after the activation of a smoke alarm led to a response from the Douglas Fire Department. According to Douglas Fire Department spokesman Lt. Matt King at 9:21 p.m. the DFD received a call for a possible smoke alarm activation and responded to the scene with an engine, its ladder truck, and an ambulance. “The initial crew on scene saw what appeared to be smoke coming from some hallway windows,” Lt. King said. “Fire crews entered the building and proceeded to evacuate (everyone) and search for any possible fire. After about an hour it was determined that there was no threat to the public and the employees and clients were let back into the hotel.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe