Mirror causes Solomon house fire

  • Source: Eastern Arizona Courier
  • Published: 11/17/2020 01:35 AM

The Safford Fire Department responded to a small fire Monday afternoon caused by a "perfect storm," said Chief Clark Bingham. Firefighters were dispatched to a home on San Jose Road in Solomon after the residents reported smoke inside and evacuated. When they arrived, firefighters discovered a small fire. It turns out a mirror beside a glass window reflected sunlight onto a box of pictures, causing it and the drapes and wall next to it to catch on fire, Bingham said. In all, it cost the homeowner roughly $1,000 worth in damages. The homeowner was tested for smoke inhalation, but was alright. In all of his career as a firefighter, Bingham said he has only come across a similar fire once before, in 2017.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe