A Larkfield man remained in custody Tuesday morning, suspected of having a garage drug lab that caused a small explosion.
The loud noise generated 911 calls about 10:30 p.m Sunday, bringing Sonoma County deputies and firefighters to the Corbett Circle address. Deputies found Thomas Tuttle, 64, outside the house, reeling from the explosion, sheriff’s Sgt. Spencer Crum said Tuesday.
“Tuttle was wet, disheveled and confused from the blast,” Crum said in a news release.
The man was living in the garage, where deputies said they found empty butane canisters, marijuana and other equipment, indicating a hash oil lab. Components also were in the side yard, where the explosion occurred, Crum said.
Deputies found a blown-apart freezer, where some of the hash oil was being kept, Crum said. A spark from the fridge motor could have ignited the gas inside.