Fire Breaks Out Inside Petaluma Salon

  • Source: Petaluma Patch
  • Published: 11/28/2023 12:00 AM

A working fire sprinkler system was instrumental in keeping a fire at a Petaluma business from growing any larger, the Petaluma Fire Department said. The blaze broke out around 5:30 a.m. Monday inside a salon in the 900 block of Lakeville Street. Authorities were alerted to the fire by a water flow alarm at the business, Petaluma FD Fire Inspector Joe Garcia said. "The first arriving engine found heavy smoke inside the building and requested an upgrade to a full structure response," Garcia said. "When additional resources arrived, crews made entry and were successful in keeping the fire from spreading into the adjacent businesses." After putting out the fire, crews found that a working sprinkler system helped keep the blaze contained to where it started which was at a workstation in the middle of the business.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe