One Person Injured After Cell Phone Battery Began ‘Violently Burning’ in East Windsor Apartment

  • Source: Hartford Courant - Metered Site
  • Published: 03/15/2023 04:13 PM

One person suffered burns after a cellphone battery caught fire in an East Windsor apartment building on Tuesday night. The Carousel Apartments on Pleasant Street were evacuated at about 9:40 p.m. after the damaged battery began “violently burning” on the hardwood floor of one of the units, triggering the building’s fire alarm, according to the Warehouse Point Fire Department. Firefighters from the Broad Brook and Warehouse Point fire departments who responded noticed smoke conditions on the first floor of the building, fire officials said. The fire was extinguished shortly after firefighters arrived. One person who suffered hand burns was treated at the scene, according to firefighters. Residents were allowed to return to their apartments after the building was ventilated.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe