Officials: Wilmington Manor House Fire Caused By Malfunctioning Wood-Burning Stove

  • Source: First State Update
  • Published: 02/23/2021 12:00 AM

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that this morning’s house fire in Wilmington Manor was accidental, according to Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Fox. Fox said the Wilmington Manor Fire Company responded to the unit block of Thelm Road, in the Chelsea Estates Neighborhood, shortly after 3:00 this morning for reports of a house fire. Upon arrival firefighters found smoke and fire coming from the residence. Multiple Fire Departments were dispatched to assist. Deputies from The State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene to conduct an investigation. It was determined that the fire originated on the first floor and was caused by a Damage was extensive and estimated at $75,000. No injuries were reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe