Gwinnett County house fire caused by pot left on stove, officials say

  • Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
  • Published: 07/09/2018 02:16 PM

A Gwinnett County house caught on fire Sunday night after a resident left a pot on the stove, fire officials say. The fire occurred on the 4000 block of Cannon Road SW in Loganvile shortly after 11 p.m. When a man in the house was woken by the smoke alarm, he went downstairs and realized the kitchen was on fire. The man exited the building, went around the back of the house, threw a brick in a window and pulled his sister and a child relative out of the home. Tommy Rutledge, Gwinnett County Fire Department spokesperson, said a fire investigator was told the sister had made a pot of stew on the stove earlier.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe