Pets Rescued, People Safe After Fire Ignites East Cobb County Apartments

  • Source: East Cobb Patch
  • Published: 04/29/2021 12:00 AM

An unattended grease fire in a kitchen Wednesday at The Hills at East Cobb set one apartment ablaze and caused water damage in another, according to authorities. Nobody was injured, and two pets were safely rescued, said Nick Danz, spokesperson for Cobb County Fire and Emergency Services. Three residents were displaced. Eight other apartment units were evacuated and saved from further damage, Danz said. Cobb County Fire later tweeted pictures of the damage — a charred stove and destroyed walls — with a reminder that "most house fires start in the kitchen." "Never leave food unattended and make sure your heating elements are turned off," the tweet said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe