A Monroe County family is displaced after a Wednesday morning fire destroyed their home.
A Facebook post from Monroe County Emergency Services says it happened at 53 Benton Road around 7:30 a.m.
Crews responded to the single-story, ranch-style home and saw flames coming from its right side. That's when 17 firefighters and full-time and volunteers worked to put out the blaze. There were eight people inside when the house caught on fire -- including Willie and Tena Hudson and their six children, ranging in ages 6 to 22-years-old.
Everyone got out safely, but one Monroe County firefighter on the scene suffered from heat exhaustion and extreme dehydration and had to be taken to the Monroe County Hospital by ambulance. Monroe Emergency Services says the firefighter is going to be okay.