Man pronounced dead after a fire breaks out on Aholehole Street in Pahoa

  • Source: KITV-TV ABC 4 Honolulu
  • Published: 03/11/2019 09:57 PM

A man in his 60s has died after a fire broke out at a home on Aholehole Street in Pahoa around 6:30 a.m. Monday. The man's roommate told Hawaii County firefighters that the man barricaded himself inside a bathroom where he set clothes and linens on fire. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. Damage to the structure is estimated at $1,000.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe