Follow Up: Pauoa house fire that left 2 dead was accidental

  • Source: Hawaii News Now
  • Published: 06/17/2022 12:00 AM

The Honolulu Fire Department says a fire that left two people dead and one seriously injured in Pauoa last week was accidental. HFD said Wednesday that the blaze was caused by a probable failure of electrical equipment in the first floor laundry room at the home on Booth Road. The fire broke out last week Monday, around 2:20 a.m. A 77-year-old woman and 54-year-old man were found dead in the home. A 77-year-old man was able to escape and was taken to the hospital with burns to his arms and legs, Emergency Medical Services said. The fire caused an estimated $378,000 in damage.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe