Honolulu Fire Department says Aiea house fire caused by unattended cooking

  • Source: Star-Advetiser - Metered Site
  • Published: 03/29/2024 12:00 AM

The Honolulu Fire Department said a Wednesday night house fire at 99-129 Pooholua Drive in Aiea was accidentally caused by unattended cooking. A pet dog was seriously injured in the fire, HFD said this afternoon. The damage caused an estimated $720,000 to the structure, and $80,000 to its contents. HFD said the fire broke out just before 8 p.m., displacing three residents, who were not home at the time of the blaze. Firefighters were on the scene at 8:02 p.m., after receiving a 911 call at 7:56 p.m. to the the single-family residence. The fire was extinguished at 9:05 p.m. HFD made two searches to confirm no occupants were in the structure. Honolulu police, meanwhile, opened a second-degree arson investigation this morning into a separate Aiea house fire from Tuesday.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe