Family pet dies in Clinton house fire

  • Source: Clinton Herald
  • Published: 09/20/2021 03:25 AM

A structure fire caused by an overheated electrical cord resulted in the death of a pet and left a resident in need of clothing, Clinton Fire Department said last week. The Clinton Fire Department was dispatched to 720 Park Place at 1:40 p.m. Thursday, according to a press release from CFD. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the back door of the house, which is owned by Debra K. Hart, according to Clinton County real estate records. Two occupants of the house were assisted by Clinton Police officers. They had arrived home and found the fire, the press release said. The occupants had attempted to enter the residence to rescue a family pet, the fire department said. Both residents were transported to MercyOne for possible smoke inhalation.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe