Marion fire displaces family of seven

  • Source: WSIL-TV ABC 3
  • Published: 10/10/2018 07:50 AM

A family is safe after their home was destroyed in an early morning fire in Marion. Crews responded to the 1100 block of Midway Court at around 4:30 a. m. Wednesday morning and found the front of the home covered in flames. The woman was awake when the fire started and called 911 after getting her six children out of the home. Fire Chief Jerry Odum tells News 3 the fire was accidental and that it was caused by a gas leak. No one in the home was hurt but the family is staying with a neighbor in the meantime.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe