Boyle County fire chief taken to hospital after house fire

  • Source: WTVQ-TV Lexington
  • Published: 10/03/2018 08:31 PM

According to the Advocate Messenger, a home on Bonta Lane was destroyed by fire Wednesday afternoon. The house’s two residents weren’t injured, but the Boyle County Fire Chief had to be taken to the hospital after battling the blaze. The newspaper says that before the fire was completely under control, BCFD Chief Donnie Sexton was taken to Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center to be checked out for heat exhaustion and or inhaling too much smoke, said Mike Wilder, director of Boyle County Emergency Management. Sexton is expected to be OK, according to Wilder. A man working in a yard across the street said he reported the fire at 2:11 p.m. after he heard people yelling and saw the smoke and flames. Henry and Regina Walker were inside the home when the fire broke out, but they got out safely and watched the scene from a neighbor’s home across the street, according to Wilder.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe