Nicholasville family escapes house fire

  • Source: WTVQ-TV Lexington
  • Published: 04/18/2019 06:15 AM

Firefighters say a family of five is safe, after they woke up to their house on fire early Thursday morning. According to firefighters, they were called to a duplex on Birch Drive just after 3:00 a.m. They say a recycle bin caught fire and extended out to the roof, and attic of the home. Firefighters say there were five people inside the home when the fire ignited. They say the occupants inside the home were not alerted by their smoke detectors because they were not working. According to Nicholasville Fire Battalion Chief Marty Kazsuk, people should always check their smoke detectors, and to never leave ashes inside recycle bins.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe