Overheated tablet causes car fire in Waldorf

  • Source: Bay Net
  • Published: 08/09/2018 10:26 AM

An accidental car fire caused an estimated $5,000 worth of damage to man's car, Thursday evening. On Aug. 8, 6:40 p.m., crews from the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department responded to Fast Track Tag & Title located 2210 Crain Highway, Waldorf for the report of a fire. Five firefighters arrived on scene and discovered a white Chevrolet Impala with flames inside the vehicle and quickly extinguished it. Investigation revealed the source of fire was an ACER computer tablet that became overheated inside the car.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe