Discarded smoking materials sparked Monday Hampstead townhouse fire, says fire marshal

  • Source: Carroll County Times
  • Published: 10/09/2018 12:00 AM

The Office of the State Fire Marshal stated that discarded smoking materials was the cause of an accidental fire in a second-floor bedroom of a townhouse in Hampstead Monday night. Almost exactly 24 hours after a fire destroyed a home in the same town Sunday, a bedroom fire on the 4800 block of Hillock Lane was called into the Hampstead volunteer fire company at 5:48 p.m. on Oct. 8.Dispatchers arrived at the scene within minutes, according to the company’s public information officer, Chuck Fusco, and the fire was under control within 20 minutes. Approximately eight fire companies responded to the fire, the first arriving from Hampstead, Manchester, and Baltimore County. When responders saw it was a working fire, additional units — including Reese and Glyndon — were dispatched.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe