Medical facility in Westbrook evacuated due to space heater incident

  • Source: WCSH-TV NBC 6 Portland
  • Published: 09/19/2023 12:00 AM

A commercial medical facility in Westbrook was evacuated Monday morning after a space heater incident, officials say. The Westbrook Fire Department wrote in a Facebook post that a space heater was plugged into a power strip and overloaded the circuit. "Attentive staff took quick action to notify 911 and evacuate the building," the post stated. Fire officials checked the heat behind the wall, and it was soon extinguished. "As heating season approaches, it's a good reminder for us all to not overload power strips. Accessory heating appliances should be plugged directly into an outlet," the post stated. Fire crews called the incident a "near miss."


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe