Orono home damaged by fire

  • Source: WABI-TV CBS/CW+ 5 Bangor
  • Published: 02/02/2024 12:00 AM

A fire damaged an Orono house Thursday evening. Three departments responded to the scene at 344 Main Street, and everyone was safe and out of the house. Firefighters quickly extinguished flames coming from the basement and officials say that damage is likely to be repairable. With the house being located near the intersection of Kelley Road, it caused traffic delays for some in the area. ”Biggest thing is, make sure your smoke detectors are working. Luckily, these folks did their job and they made sure that their batteries were good in their smoke detectors and every single one of them that we heard in the building were going off. So, they definitely did the right thing by making sure that they have smoke detectors working,” said Orono Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Sirois.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe