Apartment fire sparked in kitchen causes $83K in damage in southeast St. Cloud

  • Source: St. Cloud Times
  • Published: 04/16/2019 08:43 AM

A fire in an apartment building at 200-14th Ave. SE caused approximately $83,000 in damage, according to St. Cloud Fire Department. The fire started in the kitchen at about 10 p.m. Monday. One adult and two children were in the unit when the fire started — the cause of which is thought to be unattended cooking. A neighbor alerted the occupants, who exited the building on their own. The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived. No one was injured in the fire. The American Red Cross is providing temporary housing for the occupants of the apartment unit. All other occupants were allowed to return to the building.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe