Early Morning Fire Destroys Willmar Duplex

  • Source: KWLM-AM 1340 Willmar
  • Published: 06/09/2021 11:05 AM

On Wednesday morning at approximately 1:19 am the Willmar Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 3100 Block of 1st Ave. NW in Willmar. Upon arrival fire crews discovered that the duplex was fully engulfed. Fire officials were informed that all of the residents were able to exit the house safely. Due to the progression of the fire, firefighters were unable to enter the home immediately. The fire was under control in about 2 hours. Fire crews battled the blaze until about 5:15 am Wednesday Morning. The house and contents were a total loss. According to Willmar Fire Chief Frank Hanson no injuries were reported and the cause of the fire was determined to be a lit cigarette. Assisting the Willmar Fire Department was Pennock Fire, Spicer Fire, Blomkest Fire, Kandiyohi Fire, CentraCare EMS and the Willmar Police Department


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe