Candle may have caused fire that killed 7-year-old boy in Lincoln County

  • Source: KSDK-TV NBC 5 St. Louis
  • Published: 12/02/2019 07:54 AM

A candle may be to blame for a fire that killed a 7-year-old boy in Lincoln County over the weekend. On Nov. 30, the Lincoln County Fire Protection District responded to a mobile home fire in the 100 block of Blue Bunting Circle in Moscow Mills. Ten of the nine people who were inside the home were able to escape. Jaxon Parks, 7, was found dead inside by firefighters. The Missouri State Fire Marshal’s Office was called to investigate and determined the fire to be accidental. Power was out in the neighborhood and a candle was lit to provide light in the home. Officials said the fire is believed to have started in the area that the candle was burning. According to a press release from the Lincoln County Fire Protection District, the exact ignition source was unable to be identified.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe