Firefighters in this city battled a couple house fires this weekend.
The more recent blaze was Sunday at 306 Pershing Ave. NE. This fire was Sunday evening. When contacted Sunday night, the city Fire Department was not prepared to release details about this fire.
“I have no details on it at all,” Assistant Chief Ron Feller said. “Chief (John) Bacon is still on scene.”
The house is owned by Timothy and Jacqueline Pachmayer, according to Stark County real estate records.
City firefighters also handled a fire shortly before 6 p.m. Friday at 444 Dillon Circle NE. The fire appears to have started near a battery-operated hoverboard, according to statement from the city Fire Department. Firefighters discovered the fire in the basement recreation room.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they discovered a teenage boy in the front yard. The boy reported that heard an explosion coming from the basement. He left the house with a pet dog.