Firefighters escape before chimney, ceiling collapse during Franklinton house fire

  • Source: WCMH-TV NBC 4
  • Published: 04/15/2019 12:00 AM

Columbus firefighters escaped a Franklinton house fire on Sunday morning before the chimney and ceiling collapsed. The blaze was reported at about 3 a.m. at 79 Rodgers Ave. Nobody was inside the home at the time of the fire, but firefighters were pulled out of the house when the chimney started to collapse onto the building. The chimney collapsed causing the ceiling to collapse into the house. No injuries have been reported and as of 6:30 a.m. crews were still at the scene.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe