Three injured in Franklin fire

  • Source: Oxford Press
  • Published: 06/09/2019 01:28 PM

Three people were injured in an early morning fire at a duplex in Franklin with one resident being credited for alerting neighbors to get out of the burning structure. Firefighters from Franklin and three other departments were called to the blaze in the 500-block of Anderson Street started before 5 a.m. Sunday in one of the duplex units.The resident in one of the units was banging on the door of the adjoining unit to wake elderly neighbors to get them out of the two-story wood structure. Jessie Hipsher of 519 Anderson St. got his wife Jody and her brother Howard Cramer out of the burning structure as well as banging on his neighbor’s door in the adjoining unit at 517 Anderson St. to get those three people out to safety with the clothes on their backs.Hipsher’s wife and brother in law were taken to the Kettering Franklin Emergency Room to be treated and both were transferred to Kettering Medical Center.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe