Barberton firefighters rescue 2 dogs, 2 birds, and cat from house fire

  • Source: WOIO-TV CBS 19 Cleveland
  • Published: 07/31/2020 12:00 AM

Barberton firefighters saved the day for two dogs, two caged birds, and a cat that were stuck inside a smoke-filled home caused by an accidental cooking fire. Capt. Duane Milford said the fire department was sent to the house fire in the 140 block of Ford Avenue on Friday after the residents got out of their home when they were woken up by smoke and heat in the upstairs bedroom. The first firefighters got to the scene two minutes later and saw smoke coming from the second-story window. according to Capt. Milford. When firefighters got inside, they found a stove on fire, quickly extinguished it, and rescued the pets, the captain said. Capt. Milford said no one was injured from the fire. The Summit County Red Cross helped find a place to stay for one of the residents whose medical condition would not allow them to stay in a formerly smoke-filled home, the captain said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe