The heat warning in effect for the Rogue Valley affected a student in Central Point after an ambulance was called to the school Tuesday.
Jackson County Fire District 3 tells News 10 first responders were called out at 2 p.m to Jewett Elementary on Manzanita Street on for a child suffering from exposure.
At the time of the call News 10 Meteorologist Milt Radford said the area was experiencing 93 degree heat and went higher by the end of the day.
Karen Plumb who came to the school to pick up her grandson from school saw the ambulance and asked school administration about it.
"They said an 11 year-old boy who plays softball got overheated," Plumb said. "It is too hot."
Central Point School District #6 declined to comment on the incident.