Garage fire traced to welding sparks damages home in Bend; firefighters rescue 2 cats

  • Source: KTVZ NBC/CW+ 21 Bend
  • Published: 06/21/2022 12:00 AM

A garage fire traced to welding sparks damaged a home on Bend’s north end Saturday afternoon, but the residents escaped uninjured and fire crews rescued two cats, who also are okay, a fire official said. The fire was reported around 1:30 p.m. in the 63000 block of Hunters Circle, north of Cooley Road and east of Highway 97. Crews arrived to find a small fire in the garage and smoke throughout the home, Deputy Fire Marshal Cindy Kettering said. Smoke alarms had sounded and residents safely evacuated, except for two cats brought out of the house by firefighters. The fire was put out within about 20 minutes. Though fire damage was limited to the garage, there was smoke damage throughout the home, meaning it's not able to be occupied at this time, Kettering said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe