Bend shed fire spreads to garage, home; residents escape unhurt

  • Source: KTVZ-TV NBC 21 Bend
  • Published: 11/22/2022 12:00 AM

A neighbor’s report and police knocking on the door helped two northeast Bend residents and their two dogs escape a fire early Tuesday morning that spread from a shed to the garage and home, causing $70,000 in damage. Bend Fire & Rescue crews were called around 3:30 a.m. to a neighbor’s report of a shed on fire on Stacy Lane, Deputy Fire Marshal Dan Derlacki said. Police arrived on scene first and found the shed was engulfed, with flames spreading to the house and trees. They knocked on the door to alert the occupants, who escaped unharmed, along with both of their dogs, Derlacki said. The fire had spread to the garage when fire crews arrived. Derlacki said they quickly stopped the blaze, keeping it from spreading to the home’s interior.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe