Two firefighters were taken to the hospital after an early morning fire in Fayette County on Tuesday.
The fire started at a house along Ridge Boulevard in Dunbar Township. Fire crews were dispatched to the location shortly after 5 a.m.
Investigators said two people inside the house during the fire managed to escape.
A fire marshal said the fire started in the chimney and slowly spread throughout the roof, causing the trusses to collapse.
One firefighter suffered burns on his back and his ears when it was too dangerous to be inside the house. The other firefighter slipped on ice and dislocated his shoulder. Both were discharged.