Charcoal blamed for Cumberland County apartment fire that displaced 130 people

  • Source: WHTM-TV ABC 27 Harrisburg
  • Published: 04/01/2024 12:00 AM

VIDEO/PHOTOS: The cause of the Northside Village Apartments fire that displaced 130 people on Easter Sunday has been linked to grilling charcoal. The Carlisle Borough Fire Department says units responded around 5:43 p.m. and found fire on a second-floor patio area extending to the fourth floor on the roof. The fire department says the fire was declared accidental after someone improperly discarded charcoal. The fire department says sprinklers helped control the exterior fire from advancing into the hallways and residents had pulled a fire alarm. Others helped evacuate residents by knocking on doors prior to the fire department’s arrival. One person was injured while retrieving items inside after the building was cleared by firefighters. No firefighters were injured during the response.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe