Around 10 a.m. a fire broke out in one of the four-buildings that are a part of the strip mall on 483 Smithfield Avenue Sunday morning.
When the Pawtucket Fire Department responded to the scene they were met with heavy smoke and fire to one of the four buildings.
Power had to be cut from the entire strip mall and the Department of Health had to be brought in due to one of the buildings being a restaurant.
The fire was put out in about 30 minutes and no one was injured.
Tiverton and State fire marshals were brought in to assess the damage.
Captain Richard Taylor stated that currently all of the buildings are closed and it is unclear as to when they will be open.
At this time, this is an ongoing investigation.