Firefighters battled a fire to a home in Westerly Saturday morning.
Crews responded to Montrose Court at 6:15 a.m. for a report of a structure fire.
When authorities arrived on the scene, they said they saw smoke coming from the roof at the rear of the house.
Westerly Police Chief Shawn Lacey said the fire moved up to the kitchen area and then the second-floor master bedroom.
Firefighters said there was heavy damage to the outside rear deck, the kitchen, the second-floor master bedroom, and the outside rear of the home.
Lacey said three people were inside at the time of the fire but were able to get out uninjured. The Rhode Island Fire Marshal determined the fire to be accidental and caused by an electrical issue from a junction box in the basement.
There is also smoke damage throughout the home, authorities said.