2 people taken to hospital after chemical leak in Pawtucket

  • Source: WLNE-TV ABC 6 New Bedford
  • Published: 09/23/2022 12:00 AM

Two people were taken to the hospital after a chemical leak in Pawtucket early Friday morning. Hazmat teams arrived just before 7:30 a.m. to the scene on Mineral Springs Avenue. Pawtucket Fire Chief William Conroy said when crews arrived they had an overwhelming smell of what they believed was bleach. “We immediately realized that there was chlorine gas that had filled the building,” said Murray. The two people were taken to the Rhode Island Hospital because of a chemical reaction to the chlorine in the building, according to officials. “We can’t breathe, we can’t see,” said David Hudson, a resident of the building. Another resident told ABC 6 News at the scene that he woke up to his eyes burning and the smell of chemicals. At this time, crews are still working to locate the source of the spill, said Murray.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe