A fire in the middle of the night, in a home where firefighters say the smoke alarm wasn't working.
At around 3:40 in the morning, the Yakima Fire Department responded to an apartment in the 600 block of North 6th Avenue.
Firefighters say when they arrived, they saw the people living there and their dog had already evacuated.
The entire inside of the home was damaged, and an estimated $50,000 worth of damage was done.
YFD says the fire appeared to be accidental and may have been started by an electrical overload.
No one was hurt.
The Red Cross says they're helping the people affected with a place to stay.