Fire West of Chehalis Displaces Two People

  • Source: Centralia Chronicle
  • Published: 12/19/2018 09:37 AM

Two people were displaced after their residence in 100 block of Meadow Drive west of Chehalis caught fire Tuesday morning. Nobody was injured and the two occupants made it out safely, thanks to smoke alarms. According to a press release from Lewis County Fire District 6, at around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, dispatch got a call from one of the house’s occupants, saying they awoke to find a bathroom ceiling fan caught fire and was spreading to the roof. Crews arrived to find an orange glow coming from the single-story residence and smoke coming from the roof. No flames were visible from the outside, reads the press release. Firefighters entered the house and kept the fire contained to the bathroom, using tarps to protect belongings in the rest of the house and to assist cleaning ceiling debris and water. The fire was quickly knocked down. The Chehalis Fire Department, Riverside Fire Authority and Lewis County Fire Districts 5, 13 and 15 also responded.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe