Fire destroys Manson home

  • Source: KPQ-AM 560
  • Published: 03/07/2018 04:39 PM

A woman escaped a structure fire in Manson this morning but the single wide trailer she was renting is a complete loss. Manson Fire (CCFD #5) Chief Arnold Baker said the woman was cooking when she noticed arcing underneath the stove. The arcing continued after she turned the stove off so she called 911 and exited the home. Baker said the woman was the only person in the residence at the time and there were no injuries. The fire at 352 Wells Avenue in Manson was reported just before noon today. When crews arrived, the trailer was fully involved in flames and firefighters were concerned about venting propane tanks nearby and concerns they might explode. One vehicle was also lost in the fire. Baker said the preliminary cause appears to be accidental.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe