Two Woodland residents displaced by house fire

  • Source: Longview Daily News
  • Published: 11/16/2018 01:46 AM

Two Woodland residents lost their home Thursday in a fire started by hot coals in their outdoor garbage bins, said Max Konkright, Clark County Fire and Rescue battalion chief. The fire in the 100 block of Wallace Road started just before 4 p.m., Konkright said. About 20 firefighters from Cowlitz District 1, Kalama District 5 and Clark County Fire and Rescue responded to put it out. Konkright said the fire was started by coals from a wood stove, which were put in the garbage before they were cool. “If we can take anything away from would be that it’s always a good idea to clean out your stove and make sure the coals are cold to the touch before you place them in a receptacle outside,” Konkright said. Red Cross was on scene to take care of the couple Thursday evening, and their family plans to take them in on Friday, Konkright said. He did not release the name of the residents.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe