1 dead, 6 hospitalized as fire burns garage in South Everett

  • Source: KOMO-TV ABC 4 and Radio 1000
  • Published: 09/13/2018 07:09 AM

One person died and six others were hospitalized following a garage fire in south Everett early Thursday morning. Neighbors called 911 around 12:45 a.m. to report a fire in a garage at a townhome in the 300 block of 127th St. SE. Firefighters arrived to find a 29-year-old man in the garage who had not survived, according to Leslie Hynes with South Snohomish County Fire and Rescue. Four adults and two children were taken to an Everett hospital as a precaution for smoke inhalation and were treated and released, Hynes said. A dog found inside a pet crate in the garage was also taken to an emergency veterinarian for treatment, but later died.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe