Fire damages Kent East Hill condo; 2 safely evacuate

  • Source: Kent Reporter
  • Published: 05/13/2019 01:10 PM

A bathroom fan with a mechanical problem ignited a fire in a Kent condominium early Monday morning, the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority reported. At 3:30 a.m., firefighters responded to a 911 call at the condo in the 9600 block of South 248th Street. The homeowner was taking a shower when the smoke detector went off, alerting her and the other member who was sleeping. Seeing the bathroom fan with flames inside the vent, both residents evacuated safely outside and called 911, Puget Sound Fire said. Puget Sound Fire Engine 74 was the first on scene and seeing a light hazy smoke coming from the front door, made a quick entry. The crews made sure the home was evacuated while also controlling the bathroom fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe