Port Townsend man hurt in propane explosion

  • Source: Port Angeles Peninsula Daily News - Metered Site
  • Published: 11/11/2019 03:18 AM

A Port Townsend man was injured after a propane gas explosion erupted while he was inside his RV. East Jefferson Fire-Rescue (EJFR) firefighters responded to a report of a loud explosion at the 1500 block of 27th Street at 3:13 p.m. Thursday. The firefighters arrived to find an RV that was smoking and badly damaged. They extinguished the flames quickly according to Patricia Willestoft, EJFR public information officer. The man who owned the RV had turned on his 20-pound propane tank and a small heater in his kitchen, firefighters said. He lit a cigarette, causing the explosion which blew off the back of the RV and caused burns to his hands, firefighters said. He was taken to Jefferson Healthcare hospital by the owner of the property where the vehicle was parked, according to EJFR.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe