Wapato apartment fire displaces residents

  • Source: YakTriNews
  • Published: 11/13/2019 08:46 PM

Firefighters responded to a fire at an apartment complex in Wapato on Thursday morning. Crews remain on the scene of the apartment located on the 100 block of East 3rd Street, near the intersection of East 3rd Street and Simcoe Avenue. According to Yakima County Fire District #5, one unit in the two-story apartment complex caught fire around 2:51 a.m. Neighbors tell KAPP-KVEW that the fire started from a candle in a second-floor apartment unit. When firefighters arrived, smoke was seen coming out of the roof. Yakima County Fire District #5 assisted in evacuating the building, and tell us one man jumped from the second story to escape. There are no reported injuries. More than 14 people have been displaced. Red Cross has been dispatched to assist those displaced.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe