Appleton apartment complex damaged by fire

  • Source: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay
  • Published: 08/27/2016 10:33 AM

An Appleton apartment complex was damaged by an early morning fire on Saturday. The Appleton Fire Department says its crews arrived at 5:58 a.m. to the 500 block of East Winnebago Street and found smoke and flames coming from the first floor entryway of the two-story complex. A neighbor called 911 and helped firefighters put out the flames using an extinguisher. Officials say the fire was caused by someone who improperly threw away smoking materials in a trash can by the entrance. Damage was estimated at $9,000. No one was hurt, and no injuries were reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe