Gas grill causes early Tuesday morning Janesville fire

  • Source: Janesville Gazette
  • Published: 11/15/2016 06:43 AM

A Janesville homeowner who forgot to turn off his gas grill Monday night woke Tuesday morning to a fire on his wooden deck. Tom Kuerschner heard a noise, woke and looked out the upstairs window of his home at 2629 Arbor Ridge Way to see the grill on fire on his deck, said Chris Lukas, Janesville Fire Department battalion chief. “They attempted to extinguish the fire with a home fire extinguisher but couldn't get it out, so he and his wife evacuated,” Lukas said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe