Fire damages downtown Madison apartment building

  • Source: WKOW-TV 27 ABC
  • Published: 11/30/2016 11:14 PM

At least 10 people who live in the Uncommon Apartments building in Madison had to find a different place to stay because their apartments were damaged during a fire. The Madison Fire Department says the fire broke out around 12:40 p.m. Wednesday in the building in the 100 block of N. Bedford Street. The fire started in a room on the fourth floor. Firefighters say a candle was burning in the room prior to the fire. The fire was contained to the room where it started. Firefighters say the room suffered smoke and fire damage. Water leaked through the floors and ceilings into apartments below the fourth floor unit.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe