Madison Fire Department: Paramedic bitten by dog as she helps revive heroin user

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel Madison
  • Published: 10/19/2016 07:47 AM

A paramedic received stitches Tuesday afternoon after an unconscious man's dog bit her as she helped try to revive him on Madison' south side, fire officials said. The Madison Fire Department said firefighters and paramedics responded to a report of an unconscious person in the basement of a home in the University Hill Farms-area neighborhood at 2:07 p.m. When crews arrived, they saw evidence to suggest the man was overdosing on drugs, according to the report. A bystander informed emergency responders that the man had just returned from an addiction assistance meeting. The patient’s dog was resting on his chest when paramedics approached to administer emergency medical care, the fire department said. The dog growled, barked and lunged at a paramedic, biting her on the hand. The crew was able to shoo the dog out of the room so they could focus on the patient.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe