Racine child playing with fire blamed for closet fire

  • Source: Racine Journal Times
  • Published: 08/18/2017 02:30 AM

A child playing with fire reportedly was the cause of a closet blaze on the near northside Wednesday evening. Racine firefighters were called to what appears to be a two-story, single family home at 1231 Marquette St., just after 6 p.m. for a report of a fire. When crews arrived they found an adult had doused a fire in a closet with buckets of water. After a quick investigation, firefighters learned that the fire had been started by a child who had been playing with fire, according to a press release.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe