Evacuated residents return home after gas leak in Madison

  • Source: WKOW-TV 27 ABC
  • Published: 08/21/2017 09:22 AM

Homeowners who were evacuated after a gas leak in the 4300 block of Crawford Drive in Madison were allowed back into their homes about five hours after the leak was detected. The Madison Fire Department says Madison Gas and Electric (MGE) found high readings outside of 4353 Crawford Drive around 8:30 a.m. Monday. Fire crews were called in to evacuate homes on Crawford Dr. and Helene Parkway. MGE shut off the gas and electric to the affected home and surrounding homes.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe